Stanley Robotics is a highly ambitious robotics start-up launched in January 2015. Set to revolutionise the car-parking world with an automated valet service, our robots can move any vehicle. We don’t just want to make the experience of car parking better; we want to get rid of it altogether!
Already seeing strong growth with several key accounts (car parking providers), Stanley Robotics has raised equity from big name investors and is rolling out in 2018 several large-scale projects.
We are looking for a passionate and talented Senior Robotics Engineer who will strengthen our Robotics team.
Position is located in central Paris.
Working within a technical team growing to more than 30 people, you will be in charge of :
- Developing and testing code for mobile robots : path planning for a non-holonomic robot,
- Designing future architecture for multi-robots system in order to improve performance and security,
- Collaborating with the mechanical team, and front software team.
Depending on your experience, a Lead position is possible.
We are looking for a passionate and curious developer with C++ expertise. A person who is daring, conscientious, questioning, and with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Msc or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience programming in C++ and Python
- Excellent knowledge of Linux and development on Linux systems
- Strong skills in data structures and advanced algorithms
- Experience with mobile robotics
- English professional proficiency
- Focussed on the quality of the code
- Desire to learn and ability to teach
- Desire to work as a team: overall success is more important than individual success
- Comfortable working within the less formal context of a startup business
- Free Software mindset and belief in sharing with the community
- Familiar with ROS
- Experience with embedded and realtime systems
- Open Source contributions
- Experience in hands-on robotics research and expertise in one or more of the following: computer vision, LIDAR, object tracking, sensor fusion, perception, machine learning, motion planning, and control
- French professional proficiency
What we offer
- Fast-paced and flexible environment
- Work from home days
- Meal vouchers
- Private healthcare
- Transportation stipend
- Holidays (5 weeks + RTT)
- Transparent salary policy
- Stock options (BSPCE)
Tell us why you think you are the right person for this job.
We don’t look so much at résumés, just put a LinkedIn link in your email. Focus on describing your projects, your experiences and what you would like to bring to the team. GitHub username and a personal website can be really useful to us.