JAVA BACKEND DEVELOPER
Stanley Robotics is a highly ambitious robotics start-up launched in January 2015. Set to revolutionise the car-parking world with an automated valet service, our robots can move any vehicle. We don’t just want to make the experience of car parking better; we want to get rid of it altogether! Already seeing strong growth with several key accounts (car parking providers), Stanley Robotics has raised equity from big name investors and is rolling out in 2018 several large-scale projects. We are looking for a passionate and innovative backend developer to strengthen our technical team.
Position is based in central Paris.
Working within a technical team of 15 people (which will also grow significantly in the next 6 months), you will be in charge of improving the product's backend (Python 3, Java 8, C++, Go) and of developing new features (constrained optimization on vehicles storage space and tasks distribution between robots).
We are looking for a passionate and curious developer with Java expertise. A person who is daring, conscientious, questioning, and with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Msc or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Solid theoretical technical background (algorithmic, architecture)
- Focussed on code quality. Practice of code reviews and of pair programming
- Desire to learn and ability to teach
- Strong desire to work in a team; overall success is more important than individual success
- Java 8
- Proficient on Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate
- Proficient on a Java packaging tool (Maven, Gradle, Bazel)
- Experience with code quality tools (SonarQube, CheckStyle, PMD, FindBugs, etc..)
- Good knowledge of Postgresql.
- Experience in API programming : serialisation (Avro, Thrift, Protobuf), gRPC, REST, GraphQL, OpenAPI.
- Comfortable with Linux shell, Git et Docker.
- Knowledge in Python an/or Go.
- Knowledge in agile programming approach
- English professional proficiency
- Comfortable working within the less formal context of a startup business,
- Free Software mindset and belief in sharing with the community
- Experience in code monitoring (log, error log, profiling, tracing)
- Experience in manipulation of operational data (Splunk, Prometheus, stack ELK, etc..)
- Experience in microservice architecture
- Experience in Event Streaming / Message Queuing (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, NATS, MQTT, AMQP…)
- Experience in authentication and authorization policies (OpenID, JWT, OAuth2, Token, etc.)
- Knowledge in key value NoSQL database and in document NoSQL database (e.g.: Redis, CouchBase, MongoDB)
- French professional proficiency
What we offer
- Fast-paced and flexible environment
- Work from home days
- Meal vouchers
- Private healthcare
- Transportation stipend
- Holidays (5 weeks + RTT)
- Transparent salary policy
- Stock options (BSPCE)
Tell us why you think you are the right person for this job.
We don’t look so much at résumés, just put a LinkedIn link in your email. Focus on describing your projects, your experiences and what you would like to bring to the team. GitHub username and personal website could be really useful to us.