Stanley Robotics is a highly ambitious robotics start-up launched in January 2015. Set to revolutionise the industry of parking with an automated valet service, our robots can move any vehicle. We don’t want to just make the experience of car parking better: we want to get rid of it altogether!
Already well known around the world from industry professionals and preparing strong growth with several key accounts (airports), Stanley Robotics has raised equity from big name investors and is rolling out in 2018 several large-scale projects.
We will soon double the size of our team and we are in particular aiming this year at strongly industrializing our solution.
For that purpose, we are looking for a passionate and talented Lead Buyer.
The position is located in central Paris.
As a Lead Buyer you will first design, build and lead the procurement strategy of Stanley Robotics. Doing so, you will be act as a key contributor to the industrialization of our product.
In the first 12 months, your challenge will also be to reduce the overall cost of our robots by 30%.
Your mission will include the following:Supplier Qualification: support our tech teams in the selection of industrial parts and in the qualification of potential suppliers. ((some travelling to audit/release suppliers will be required)Supplier performance monitoring and evaluationSupplier Quality improvement and Development: together with our Quality team develop the supplier quality. Drive suppliers to take the proper action to solve quality issues and record properly. Plan and execute quality inspection activities according to projects' schedule. Keep project team well informed of supply quality control progress. Annual negotiations with all the parts that we buy directly to manufacturersTogether with the tech team, work to reduce the number of parts bought through distributorsInstall double sourcing for all the critical componentsNegotiate legal contracts with our main suppliersSupport the different teams with negotiation of external services
- Ideally you will have Bachelor degree in Mechanical/Electrical engineering or business management coupled with minimum 6 years of Mechanical or Electrical product purchasing/sourcing experience.
- Candidates having at least one successful purchasing experience in the automotive industry (ideally with a car manufacturer) are highly welcomed.
- You should have knowledge of Product Development processes, Quality Management System and QC tools.
- Your have excellent proficiency in English (both written and spoken).
- You have the desire to work as a team: at Stanley Robotics, overall success is more important than individual success
- You feel comfortable working within the less formal context of a startup.
What we offer
- Fast-paced and flexible environment
- Work from home days
- Meal vouchers
- Private healthcare
- Transportation stipend
- Holidays (5 weeks + RTT)
- Transparent salary policy
- Stock options (BSPCE)
Tell us why you think you are the right person for this job.
We don’t look so much at résumés, just put a LinkedIn link in your email. Focus on describing your projects, your experiences and what you would like to bring to the team.